What is Read Tuesday? It’s a Black Friday type of event just for books. In 2013, it will be Tuesday, December 10, 2013.
We’re off to a good start:
- We have an official website up and running, with content.
- We have a healthy start in terms of followers, especially the Facebook page and Twitter.
- We have several authors who’ve shown interest and agreed to participate.
- We have a press release and we’re now at the stage where we will distribute it.
- We have been advertising on various websites to let both authors and readers know about the event.
Read Tuesday could use your help. If you can help with one or more of the following, your help will be greatly appreciated:
- We’re looking for any name recognition that may help to promote the event. We have a little to begin with; the more we can get, the better. Any authors (or even indie publishers or booksellers), for example, who have achieved some small measure of success who may be willing to participate in Read Tuesday could help to promote the event as a whole. It’s a win-win situation, as we would include your name with our press release, press release distribution, and other efforts to promote the event (including paid advertisements and social media). This would help to advertise the authors (or entities) who have a little name recognition in addition to advertising the event. This will help to promote these authors along with the event. If you know anyone with mild success, please let them know about this offer. They can contact Chris McMullen at the email in the next bullet.
- We can always use more participation, especially books and authors added to the catalog. We’ve had many more authors say they will participate than have taken the time to add their books or names to the catalogs. I expect they will be promoting their books on December 10 and participating. It would help the event be better if we could get more books and names in the catalogs. Simply email your ASIN (for a Kindle book that will participate) or a link to your book at a website where it will be on sale to Chris McMullen at email@example.com. It’s that easy.
- Tell a friend, or several friends; tell anyone. If you like the idea of Read Tuesday, you can help make it better just by helping to spread the word. Word of mouth, email, blog, Facebook, Twitter, any way you might spread the word will be valued.🙂
Give the gift of reading this holiday season.
Chris McMullen, founder of Read Tuesday
Follow the Read Tuesday blog: http://readtuesday.com
Like the Read Tuesday Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ReadTuesday
Follow Read Tuesday at Twitter (@ReadTuesday): https://twitter.com/ReadTuesday